Monday, June 26, 2017

Self Destruction the self taught developers worse nightmare.

As i sit here writing this I can't help but think of all the things I should have to show of all the hard work put in over the years. Sadly I do not have anything to show but this. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.FuzzwallupGames.LLC.Simple_Shapes_Deluxe&hl=en

It is the first game we ever made me and my amazing wife. I did all the programming and she did the art and sound. We worked really hard and in 3 months with no jobs we finally finished it. Aside from this I have made many games over the years and all of them ending the same way. I destroyed them I not only destroyed them i destroyed any idea or example of them any trace of their existance. I made a game called avalanche which you had to escape from an avalanche by timing jumps as your character only moved forward. I made many tutorials. I made a paintball gamewhere you had to go around painting building to make extra money. I made an platformer that was way way way to hard because i rebuilt the first level 23 times but it had like 7 levels. I made  i made i made and it all ended in destruction. Something happens when you try to develop games but don't understand sales. marketing or anything about how to actually get people to play those games. You lose focus you lose drive and after a while you just begin hating he things you spent countless hours making. So we destroy them. So I made myself a promise that over the course of the next few weeks. I am going to go back and re-make all those games I destroyed some will take a lot longer than others and some wont be quite right but in total its going to be a fun ride so I hope you will join me as I rebuild my empire. or at least what I had of one lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment